For purposes of this policy, work related expenditures reimbursable by ErinoakKids include:
- Mileage reimbursement based on a set amount per kilometer driven, providing the employee utilizes his/her own vehicle while on ErinoakKids business. The mileage rate will be monitored annually and updated when required to ensure that it does not deviate materially from rates paid by other agencies in the local health/social services sector.
- Cost of parking while on ErinoakKids business.
- Professional development seminars, conferences and workshops directly related to the employee’s position, to uphold and/or acquire skills necessary in discharging their work responsibilities, as pre-approved and, as the budget allows.
- Professional association membership fees and dues provided these are relevant to the position held or essential to the performance of the job and are beneficial to ErinoakKids (applicable only to Vice-Presidents, Directors & Clinical Practice Leaders).
- Cost of supplies and other pre-approved purchases for direct-program use.
- In special circumstances, with the prior written approval of the employee’s program/department manager, other travel expenditures such as airfare, hotel accommodation, car rental fees, and any other reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed to employees provided the related travel is conducted on ErinoakKids business.
- Express Toll Route (ETR) charges are not normally reimbursed, however these charges can be reimbursed in certain circumstances with the documented prior approval of the employee’s Vice-President and the President and CEO.