Early Childhood Resource Services
The information on this page pertains to families who live in Peel region only.
To find information about Early Childhood Resources for Halton and Dufferin please click on each region's name.
Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS) is a partnership between special needs resourcing programs and licensed child care providers that offer services to families and children before they start school.
PIRS is committed to supporting:
- Children with special needs in licensed centre and home-based child care programs in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga
- Early identification of children who may benefit from resource consultant support.
- Child care programs by providing resources and coaching so that all children can participate fully in child care
Who can receive PIRS supports?
Children from birth to 12 years with special needs or identified as needing extra support who are currently enrolled in licensed child care or have a confirmed start date for child care in the next two weeks.
How does PIRS support my child and family?
Families are connected to a Resource Consultant from one of five special needs resourcing programs. This consultant will work closely with you to understand your needs and support your child to have a positive child care experience. The Resource Consultant will:
- Create a plan with you and the child care provider that focuses on your child’s strengths and areas of development
- Share ideas and strategies to use in child care and your home
- Build on the child care provider’s strengths to support the inclusion of all children
- Provide resources and information about other services that would benefit your family
- Support your child’s transition from child care to school, and to service coordination, if appropriate
How do I start the referral process?
If your child attends an infant, toddler, or preschool program, or is enrolled with a start date in the next two weeks you can:
Complete the PIRS referral form on the Region of Peel's website
Or, you can ask the program supervisor at your child's childcare centre to connect you to the PIRS resource consultant.
What else do I need to know?
Child care fee subsidy is available to families who qualify to help with the cost of child care
How do I contact PIRS?
Call: 905-791-7800 Ext. 7627