arrow_back close

Inclusion and special needs programming by municipality

CitySpecial Needs ProgrammingInclusion ProgrammingContact
BramptonDrop In Dance
Swim & Explore
Teen Out & About
Supported Skating Lessons
Supported Swimming Lessons
Various summer camps
The Integration Program allows participants with special needs the opportunity to take part in city-run programs with additional support if required. Additional support can be provided on a first come basis subject to availability.Email
BurlingtonAdventures and Aquatics
Dunk and Dive
Friday Night Club
Various Camps
The Leisure Link program matches volunteers with participants with a disability to assist them while participating in a city-run program.905-332-1996 ext.6437
CaledonActivity Time
Fun Club
Trained support workers may be provided to ensure the inclusion of every participant on an individual basis. Contact the recreation department for more information 905-584-2272 ext.4248
Halton HillsNoneResidents with a physical or developmental disability will be accommodated within the scope of expertise of the recreation staff. Designated staff will assess program suitability and supports required on an individual basis to create a customized integrated experience for the participant where possible.905-873-2601 ext.2275
MiltonSpecial Needs Activity Program (SNAP)The I-CAN (Integrated Care for Assisted Needs) program provides extra support to children and youth with disabilities for various town of Milton recreation programs. Ratios are based on the abilities of participants.905-878-7252 ext.2537
MississaugaSpecial Needs Swim Lessons
Special Needs Skating
Participants with special needs are asked to provide their own support worker to accompany them to a program of choice. 905-615-4311
OakvilleYouth in Active Recreation Development (YARD)
Adapted Swim lessons
Family swim
Individuals who may need additional accommodations to participate can request support prior to registration.905-845-6601 ext.3153

Special Needs Workers

Children with special needs are welcome to participate in any Parks and Recreation programs with the support of a special needs worker. Workers may be required to meet certain criteria (i.e. be 16 years of age or older, etc.) as outlined by the city, or be required to produce certain documentation (i.e. criminal reference check, etc.). In most cases, the program fee is waived for the support worker. For more information, contact your local representative or visit: